We’re gearing up for another telethon. This annual event provids programs for the children in our community through the Boys and Girls Club of Bisbee. Ten years ago a team of people were told that our community was too small to support a club, but that did not stop them. They focused on their mission and several of those same hard-working individuals serve on the board today. This year the club celebrates 10 years of service!
The staff and board are proud of the accomplishment and our small community continues to support The Club. For that the staff and board are thankful! The telethon is a fun event that promotes the Boys and Girls Club while inviting performers, residents, volunteers and staff to come together and show what we’re made of! We invite you to participate!
If you would like to contact the coordinator directly, send an email to:
mdillard at prismcommunications dot tv
The Bisbee Telethon brought in donations of $41,890!
Mark your calendars! The next Bisbee Telethon will be held Saturday, April 28, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Performers: Request a disc by leaving a comment here. (Limited 1 to each set of performers only.)
If you want to read more about the programs that the telethon money supports, click here!
The coordinators and committee of the 2011 Bisbee Telethon would like to thank everyone who contributed to this year’s telethon. As of Sunday, May 1st the total raised was $40,588.
We will be bringing you updates and more information soon!
Guidelines for masters of ceremony
• Relax. You’re here to make it fun for everyone, including yourself.
• But don’t forget you’re here with a purpose.
• Remember to look at the camera. That’s where your audience is.
• That also will keep you in contact with the director, who may have instructions for you.
• Watch the white board and watch the director for instruction.
• The telethon is dynamic; things change.
• Pace yourself to make sure you get all the dot points on your list accomplished each quarter hour.
• Pay attention to the microphone. Hold it in front of your mouth, just a couple of inches away. Always hold it in the same position. If you turn your head, the mic has to move with it. If you are interviewing a guest, you hold the microphone and place it in the same relative position in front of the guest when its his turn to talk.
• Since there are two of you, use dialog. If you’re the club “expert,” allow your co-m.c. to get a few questions in about the topic of the moment.
If you think you’re running out of stuff to say, here are a few items which can be repeated:
• Local viewers are welcome to come down to the clubhouse at 405 Arizona Street.
• Some people in Bisbee don’t have cable TV; invite them over to your house to watch your favorite performers.
• Call former Bisbee residents who live somewhere else and invite them to tune in, live on the internet. Go to the website at www.bisbeetelethon.com.
• Contributions can be made many ways, including cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard and Paypal.
• No donation is too small.
• Friends, family members, co-workers can pool their pledges to qualify for drawings or gifts.
• [Before 7 p.m.] • Mexican dinner is available at the club for $8. Dine in or take out. Proceeds go to the Boys and Girls Club of Bisbee.
• For those going out before Saturday night, they can participate in the Battle of the Bars. The bar which brings in the most money wins bragging rights.
Things to say anytime if you have run out of things to say!!!!
• Take a program with you. Talk about:
-the performers and times the perform
• Talk about how to donate. No donation is too small. We take pledges and donations over the phone at 432-3010 Visa, Mastercard, Paypal
• Visit the website to donate, find information or watch live from anywhere in the world.
• Give location of The Club, 405 Arizona Street.
• Talk about the programs: Click here for the webpage
or paste this address into your browser http://bisbeetelethon.com/b-g-club-programs